Easy Basic Mashed Potatoes. Homemade mashed potatoes are much better than the flake ones and you will have them ready in no time.
Easy Basic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Pounds Potatoes about 6-7 potatoes
- 8 Tablespoons Butter melted, plus 2 more for the top
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream *half and half or whole milk may be used
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt or to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Place peeled potatoes in a large pot (5 Qt+) and cover potatoes with cold water. Never start with hot water or the potatoes will overcook on the outside and be under cooked in the middle.
- Bring to a boil and cook until easily pierced with a knife, about 20-25 min depending on the size of your potatoes.
- Drain potatoes well.
- Mash the potatoes with your mixer.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and warm the cream in a separate bowl. Do NOT mix together.
- Stir the butter into the potatoes.
- Add the cream and salt and pepper and stir again until smooth.
- Serve with additional butter or gravy on top!