EZ Cheesy Chicken Sausage and Potatoes Foil Packs. These foil packs loaded with chicken-apple sausage, potatoes and green beans are sure to become a summertime family favorite.
These make camping a fun way to eat dinner. The kids love them too.
- 1 package (12 oz) smoked fully cooked chicken and apple sausages, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 bag (20 oz) refrigerated garlic herb hash brown potatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 package (12 oz) fresh green beans, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Cut 4 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except cheese until well mixed; divide evenly onto foil sheets. Top with cheese.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet.
- Seal edges, making tight ½-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion.
- Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat.
- Cover grill; cook 8 minutes.
- Rotate packs ½ turn; cook 9 to 10 minutes longer or until sausage is heated through and beans are crisp-tender. Remove packs from grill.
- Carefully fold back foil; stir before serving.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of Pillsbury.
Check out some of our Desserts HERE