Ez Lemon Meringue Pie. Quick, easy and delicious with lots of meringue.
Ez Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 9 " baked pie crust. Brush the crust with lightly beaten egg white during the last five minuets of baking to seal it.
- 1 package lemon pie filling
- Add 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest almost two lemons
- 4 large fresh egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ cup sugar
- Mix package of lemon pie filling according to package directions. Add the grated lemon zest.
Make the meringue:
- Remove eggs from the refrigerator and separate, as they will separate best cold.
- Allow egg whites to reach room temperature to allow them to whip to their fullest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour eggs whites into a spotlessly-clean bowl.
- Whip the egg whites until they are glossy and smooth, then add the cream of tartar to help the egg whites hold their form.
- Slowly add the sugar to the egg whites.
- Pour filling into prebaked crust.
- Spread meringue on top of filling.
- Place about 4 inches under the heat and bake for about 10 minutes, until golden.
Check out more of our Desserts