EZ Same Ol’ Slop Gravy. Place it on toast or mashed potatoes. Use as a Breakfast recipe or side dish on top of potatoes.
EZ Same Ol' Slop Gravy
- 1 lb bacon or ham
- 2 tbs . flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp . pepper or more to taste
- Salt if needed
- 8 slices of toast or mashed potatoes
- In a non-stick pan over medium high heat cook bacon or ham ( if you use ham then use 3 tablespoons cooking oil.)
- Leave about 2 tbs bacon grease in the pan, add flour and whisk.
- Continue to whisk until flour/fat mixture is hot and bubbly and becomes the color of caramel.
- Slowly add milk and Worcestershire sauce, continuously whisking to blend.
- Add crumbles bacon or ham, boil for one minute then remove from heat.
- Season with pepper and salt if necessary.
- Cut toast on the diagonal, and lay 2 slices on each plate slightly overlapping each other.
- Ladle a ½ cup of gravy over the toast. Or serve over mashed potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Watch video and check out more of our Side Dishes