Ez Smothered Steak. Turn any meat into a juicy steak. You don’t need to spend a lot of money with this easy recipe.
Ez Smothered Steak
- 4 to 5 slices of chuck steak hamburger meat or any other lean meat
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 to 5 medium peeled potatoes optional
- carrots optional If using carrots I parboil them first for about 15 minutes, this keeps the dish from tasting too much like carrots.
- Flour meat by coating in flour.
- Fry meat on stove until lightly brown.
- Add 1/4 cup of flour with 3/4 cup WARM water.
- Add the flour mixture to frying meat and stir until well mixed.
- Add another cup of WARM water and stir.
- Turn stove on simmer for one hour.
- Add peeled potatoes and carrots if you wish.
- Stir and cook on simmer for another hour, if you add vegetables.
- Enjoy with your favorite bread and vegetables.
Check out more of our Main Dishes