Ez Strawberry Frosting. Great recipe for a topping on a cupcake or sheet cake. Piping instructions included.
Ez Strawberry Frosting
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- salt to taste
- Using a blender or food processor, process the freeze-dried strawberries into a powdery crumb. You should have around 1/2 cup. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar, strawberry powder, cream, and vanilla. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then switch to high speed and beat for 2 minutes. Taste. Add a pinch of salt if frosting is too sweet.
- ***This recipe is enough to frost 12-18 cupcakes or one 9x13 inch quarter sheet cake.
How to Pipe Frosting:
- Using a decorating bag fitted with tip 1M, 2D or 2A, hold the bag straight up, with the tip about half an inch above the surface of your cupcake.
- Squeeze to form the center of the swirl. Without releasing pressure, raise the tip a little bit and move it slightly to the side. This will be the starting point of your swirl.
- Pipe a line of icing toward the top of the star. Using a circular motion, pipe a “C” until it connects to the starting point.
- After completing the first rotation, move the tip slightly inward and repeat the circular motion. Continue spiraling until you reach the desired height. End the spiral at the center of the cupcake. Stop squeezing before pulling tip away.